Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renumber tag labels

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
483 Views, 3 Replies

Renumber tag labels

I have a client that is trying to renumber his labels and when he's gone and deleted all the previous labels and tries to renumber it's saying the number is already in use.  He's even tried renumbering to 1.  I'm not certain on how to fix this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

Adam:

I am not the one to offer your best "fix", however, if I remember correctly, by removing the VISIBLE  portion of the label it does not completely remove the label.  It seems that there was a method to remove these rascals but I cannot recall.

What I used to do was re-number them to a larger number, probably higher than my desired highest number.  Then I could go back and one at a time re-number them like I wanted .(Of course this is before your client removed his.)

Bill

Hopefully someone will give you better results.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks...He normally would do that but there are hundreds in his project. I have a feeling you're right in that there's a way to delete them more effieciently.

Adam House
Engineering Design Systems, Inc.
Infrastructure Applications Engineer
6742 Thirlane Rd Northwest
Roanoke, VA 24019
adam.house@edsi.com
(540)345-1410
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I've had to renumber a bunch of tag labels in a recent project and I wish there was a way to see all the tag numbers that are used (or a find tag number search).

The way I found to quickly replace tags numbers, (after verifying that I am not stomping on tag numbers already used) is to click the first tag and select renumber. Then escape out of the command after successfully renumbering that 1st tag.  Hit the up arrow and enter without a tag selected and then click on the tags in sequence as you want them renumbered.  Even if the command says a tag already exists, you can hit 'C' to create the tag with that number anyway.  

Once you get into a rhythm, you can move through the labels fairly rapidly.  I can be mind-numbingly boring. Music help.

Marty.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report