Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended Hardware for Civil 3D

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
khughesRWC
524 Views, 2 Replies

Recommended Hardware for Civil 3D

I'm thinking about building a PC for Civil 3D. I have a $750 budget (I can probably do more, but that's how much my organization is giving me for hardware). I already have peripherals. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've been using a 4-year-old ASUS laptop that can barely run it (see attached pic for specs)

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rl_jackson
in reply to: khughesRWC

It's unfortunate but 750 won't even get a decent graphics card these days, hold off for a bit.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: khughesRWC

Your firm does not understand the importance of your work, or else they would purchase a robust workstation for you to use. AutoCAD and Civil 3D are very large programs, often encumbered with very large datasets. Low-end systems, what you would put on the desk of an Office user, just don't cut it for AutoCAD and Civil 3D

If you do end up building this yourself, you want SSD, graphics hardware that is Autodesk certified, has lots of video RAM, and as much system RAM as you can stuff into the box. 

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report