Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rally need help with Corridor Surface Triangulation

48 REPLIES 48
Message 1 of 49
Anonymous
1130 Views, 48 Replies

Rally need help with Corridor Surface Triangulation

Hello, I have strange problem with corridor surface triangulation. Maybe I do something wrong for corridor from the start? As can be seen in pics that I attached, there's some surface degradation that I can not understand. At first look everything seems ok, but when I go to Realistic Visual Style something happens :)... End when I try to render this, I get more uglyer result than this shown...
48 REPLIES 48
Message 41 of 49
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: Anonymous

Your triangulation looks fine and looks correct.

I'll put it this way - I think you are expecting a nice shiny red glossy ball but you have produced a red rubber ball.
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 42 of 49
Anonymous

;] might be so
Message 43 of 49
dana.probert

You are probably not getting much response because not many people use visualization tools. Not many people even model corridors quite as well as you have. So the lack of response is because people just don't know.

Have you tried subscription support? This is perhaps an issue for QA.

Dana
Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
Blog: BIM on the Rocks
Learn More About BIM for Infrastructure
Message 44 of 49
Anonymous

Amm, how should I subscribe the support? and who is QA? I will try everything to get this right. Thank you very much Dana for permanent response to my boring problems 🙂
Message 45 of 49
dana.probert

If you are on subscription, you have subscription support through a web interface. Call your reseller to find out if you are on subscription and some assistance in logging in.

If you don't have a reseller, or if they are unhelpful, there are other options, and other software suppliers that can provide more assistance.

QA is the Autodesk QA team. If you have located a defect, subscription support will often forward the information to QA. If your reseller is well connected, they can forward the information to QA and potentially get some resolution for you.
Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
Blog: BIM on the Rocks
Learn More About BIM for Infrastructure
Message 46 of 49
Anonymous

Ok, I'll try this. Thanks again.
Message 47 of 49
gunjan_choudhary

Hi Tortas,

Thanks for this report. I have been able to replicate your problem.

There are two problems here:
1. The drawing shows that the corridor model and the surface are on high coordinates. We have seen some rendering issues with high coordinates with certain graphics cards. As a work around could you try moving your model close to the origin.

2. I noticed in your drawing that you have the "sun" turned on. Can you try turning that off?

Thanks,
Gunjan Choudhary,
Civil 3D Team, Autodesk, Inc.
Message 48 of 49
Anonymous

Ok, I think it's working, just there was problems moving all model to zero coordinates, so I've built new one on same surface and alignments and I think triangulation is fine. It's very deep night so I'll try everything in detail tomorrow.... There was one moment in this insanity when deeply depressed I said to my mother that I don't even know what to think maybe the coordinates ar too far from zero? :)) she laught at me... And I didn't tried that.:). okay... thats all, THANKS and goodnight, tomorrow I'll test it more carefully.
Message 49 of 49
Anonymous

Eureka. It's alive again. Everything seems to be perfect. Thank you once again, but I can say that it was a strange problem... 🙂 Now I'm going to finish everything. It's a good feeling. Bye.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report