Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QNEW& TEMPLATES AFTER UPGRADING

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ESchomberg
328 Views, 4 Replies

QNEW& TEMPLATES AFTER UPGRADING

Hi friends. I finally just upgraded from 2017 to 2020. I inserted my 2 drawing templates into the qnew slot in "options". I still have 2017 installed on my computer (no idea if this matters). When I now open 2020, type qnew, no option comes up for me to select my drawing templates. I was hoping this transition would be simple but get the feeling there will be more involved.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: ESchomberg

That depends on what .. into the qnew slot in "options.  you are referring to.

If you copied your .dwt to the location that is specified in the qnew directory you should have no problem.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
doben
in reply to: ESchomberg

When you add the file name in Options QNEW starts a new drawing based on that .dwt, there is no option to choose between templates when the QNEW command is run. 

If you want to be able to choose remove the path name in Options.  

Message 4 of 5
ESchomberg
in reply to: wfberry

Yeah I just copied and pasted both of them in there but when I qnew now it only brings one of them up instead of giving me an option to select between the 2. I have it in my notebook archive as to how to path it correctly from a past post. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
ESchomberg
in reply to: doben

I just decided to go to the open new drawing from .dwt pulldown where it gives me the option...The BIG "C" icon in upper left corner. It just as easy. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report