Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Set not showing in Label Style Composer

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Amy.taylor
454 Views, 3 Replies

Property Set not showing in Label Style Composer

Trying to set up a label to use for "identifying" feature lines in plan view, but when I go to add the data to a label it is not listed in the property set section. 

I've never edited labels in C3D before so it's all unfamiliar but the AUGI guide seemed so straight forward I wasn't expecting this to be the tricky part.

Any thought or ideas much appreciated. 
Ta

Following the guides linked below I have taken the following steps:
1. set up Property Set Definition, defined a Manual Text Property, and applied this to polyline objects.

Amytaylor_0-1684281586133.png

Amytaylor_2-1684282648668.png

2. added Property to an object and added a value to it. Saved, closed C3D, and restarted.

Amytaylor_1-1684282458556.png

3. created a Label Style for Lines and curves, and created a Text Component anchored to <Feature>.

Amytaylor_5-1684283745942.png

Amytaylor_6-1684283817775.png

Links to guides:

AutoDesk Civil 3D 2024 - Help - About Property Sets 
AutoDesk Civil 3D 2024 - Help - To Add Property Set Data to Labels 
AUGI - Civil3D Annosensations – Unique Ways to Leverage Labeling Functionality for Better Plan-Produ... 

My setup:
Win 11, AEC collection, C3D 2023, UKIE country kit, everything installed is fully updated.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KirkWM
in reply to: Amy.taylor

The main object that has its own property set pull down in the label style editor is cogo points, I believe. For any other object, you'll need to hardcode in the property set into the "contents" field. See Jeff Bartel's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBWOV139x_E

Basic format is you type this out:

KirkWM_0-1684859227462.jpeg

KirkWM_1-1684859293027.png

KirkWM_2-1684859328056.png

KirkWM_3-1684859383157.png

Message 3 of 4
Amy.taylor
in reply to: KirkWM

Hi Kirk,

Using the manual method you described I was able to setup the label styles I needed and got the job done. 
So thank you very much for that! Really appreciated. 

I've marked your comment as the solution because it worked.

However, I do have a sneaking suspicion that the Property Sets tab drop down method should be possible. 
Reason being that the video Jeff made was in 2017 when the feature was still undocumented, but it is now documented in 2023 here "About Property Sets" . Although it gives COGO points as an example, the wording on that page and the related pages suggests it should work for all objects, and all objects are selectable under the "applies to" tab in Data Property Sets style manager.

Furthermore the example given here "Civil3D Annosensations - Labeling Workflow" is using a Polyline. 

I'm only commenting this in the hope a smarter person might come along later and point out my mistake.

Message 4 of 4
KirkWM
in reply to: Amy.taylor

I probed a bit further and I see the light now! lol. I created a property set definition that applies to all objects and now when I go to edit a style there is a property sets tab! Below are screenshots of random things I'd likely not even use property sets for. So apparently, this tab is context sensitive to what your PSD applies to! [testing in 2022 version]

Surface Slope Label Style 

KirkWM_0-1687450650396.png

Profile Major Station Label

KirkWM_1-1687450717326.png

Sample Line Label Style

KirkWM_2-1687450759509.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report