Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile view of network pipe reverse structure count

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
J.S.H.
756 Views, 4 Replies

profile view of network pipe reverse structure count

working in profile view on a network pipe, I have been trying to get the Structure numbers to count backwards, where 1 is at the end, so that my labels are counting from left to right (as seen in picture) I was just renaming them individually but there are a lot of manholes. This is what I am trying to do:

I have this,

Capture.JPG

But am trying to do this.

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: J.S.H.

I'm guessing if you set the pipe network flow from upstream to downstream change to down... to up..

then try renumber parts

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
J.S.H.
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

If I do that the pipe elevation is reverse so I get negative numbers 

Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza

in the label style there should be an option to hide the sign of negative values

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
MMcCall402

In plan view select the structures in the order you wan them to be named/numbered. I the ribbon pull down the bottom of the Modify panel and select Rename.  The window that opens will allow you to rename/number the structures based on the format of the naming you enter. There is a Counter component within the naming convention and a starting number to be used.  Be sure to check the box next to 'Rename existing parts' under the conflict options so it will rename parts as needed to works its way through renaming all the selected parts.

image.png

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report