Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile View Height Automatic Setting

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
PKINGSTON
1792 Views, 4 Replies

Profile View Height Automatic Setting

Can you change the buffer region height when using the automatic profile view wizard? I am trying to set my profiles to the same elevation range for example 50-80. The only options I see are the automatic and specified height setting. 

Does anyone else have this similar problem once?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MMcCall402
in reply to: PKINGSTON

You can 'pad' the automatic grid by changing the values on the profile view style's Grid tab but it won't lock it down to a specific grid range.

The only way I know of is to manually set the elevation range in the profile view properties, for each profile view.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 5
PKINGSTON
in reply to: MMcCall402

How do you change the elevations? When I create the multiple views it would not allow me to select to change elevations.

Message 4 of 5
JRitner
in reply to: PKINGSTON

Height for Multiple Profile Views is set as shown below, using either Min Elevation or Mean Elevation:

C3D_ProfHt.png

As @MMcCall402  mentioned, you have to manually adjust datum/height values for views that don't meet your needs beyond these parameters, or you can define splits to accommodate large fluctuations in elevation.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Joel Ritner
C3D Certified Professional
BIM/Systems Manager
Najarian Associates, NJ
Message 5 of 5
MMcCall402
in reply to: JRitner

I wonder if it could be left at the automatic setting, add a couple 'dummy' design profiles (flat with a non-plotting style) and then raise or lower those profiles to trigger the automatic elevation sizing across multiple profile views.  Basically a profile to adjust the bottom elevation and one to adjust the top.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report