Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile grip edit problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Cadd-mandu
510 Views, 3 Replies

Profile grip edit problem

I am having a problem with profile lines in a profile view. We create a profile line to superimpose over the pipe flowline so we can have the profile view band point to this profile to populate the band. I am trying to grip edit the profile line and snap it to the grip of the pipe but when I do a second grip box appears. The further I move the grip on my cursor (yellow arrow) the actual "live" grip (green arrow) exponentially moves further away. If I snap the grip (yellow) to the pipe grip, the grip point will be set where the false grip is (green). The further away from the origin, the greater the departure.  Hardware acceleration is turned off. I am also using profile and profile view styles that we used in other projects and there are no issues like this.

Civil 3D 2020

Windows 10Pro

16 GB RAM

8 GB Video RAM

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ricksr
in reply to: Cadd-mandu

Do you mind sending me the file and I can take a look

Message 3 of 4
phillipMT26U
in reply to: Cadd-mandu

I ran into the same problem and I figured out it was occurred because I inadvertently had two profile views on top of each other.  Once I deleted one of the profile views, the problem went away.

Message 4 of 4
aleese_k
in reply to: phillipMT26U

Thank you, this solved my problem!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report