Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Band - Text not showing

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
kiarianc
2306 Views, 10 Replies

Profile Band - Text not showing

There has to be a simple explanation for this. I'm yet to have any text to display in the band set at the bottom of my profile. I have gone into EDITGRAPHPROPERTIES and adjusted text from 2.5 to 1. I've tried adjusted the drawing units, but seeing as the left caption boxes display perfectly fine, why is the rest of the text not showing?

Edit: I have ticked 'Show Labels'. Now I'm getting labels of various sizes all inside the Chainage band?! This is the Civil 3D Metric Template drawing. Why is the text not being displayed in the relevant bands?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
user181
in reply to: kiarianc

Hi @kiarianc,  In the photo of your profile view properties band tab the weeding is 5. Try changing the weeding either to 0 or a much higher number like 100.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
kiarianc
in reply to: user181

Hi user181. Thanks for the answer, but no luck. I've been stuck on this for days. I'm starting to think my Civil 3D CAD has a bug. Nothing I seem to do works. Changed weeding to 0,5, 100, 100. I seem to have some things happening on the chainage band. As for the rest, nothing.

001.PNG 

Message 4 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

all your "show labels" items are disabled.

20180902_230941.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 11
kiarianc
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

No, the edit states this. I've turned them all on. Still the same problem.
Message 6 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

can you upload the dwg-file, makes it easier to look into it instead of guessing...

Please let us also know your version of Civil 3D.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 11
kiarianc
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I'll have to re-do this with an example file. I'm unable to attach the drawing file as this is a live project. I don't have the permission to post this on a public forum I'm afraid.
All labels are on, I've tried Weeding at both 100 and 5. I'm getting the Chainage showing and that's it. If you cannot help without a drawing file I'll replicate the problem and post a drawing file when I'm home (currently at work), as this is happening no matter what profile I try to create. I'll attach a drawing later on today.
Thanks in advance. 

Message 8 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

please look to private messages ...

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 9 of 11
gilc01

Hi there

I have the same problem 😞 

How did you solve it?

Cheers

Message 10 of 11
estebandXR7KN

Hi there,

Any solution to this problem? I'm experiencing the same issue. This is happening no matter what profile I try to create. Got "Show Labels" ticked. Not sure what's going on.  It was working fine before.

Cheers

Message 11 of 11
conorCJKEU
in reply to: estebandXR7KN

Find the data source tab and select the pipe network you want the data to show on the band.

conorCJKEU_1-1683197747624.png

Note

conorCJKEU_0-1683199135270.png

Here how to turn on the display for data source tab.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report