Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems creating right of way

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
567 Views, 7 Replies

Problems creating right of way

Hello,

I am trying to create a right of way (road) from an alignment (road centerline). I have created parcels on either side of the alignment. I was able to get it to work for a small section, but not the whole alignment. Could this be an issue with my alignment or with my parcels, or something completely different? I have the alignment and all parcels on the same site.

As a side, although I created the alignment in sections, it has somehow joined into one. (Not sure if this is normal.)

I have attached a couple screen shots. Let me know if this helps or not.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

Your drawing would help more...

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

Tim,

I don't follow.... I attached a screenshot of my drawing. Are you not able to see it, or are you looking for something else?

Message 4 of 8
nostupidquestions

i usually don't do my r/w this way as i keep my parcels and alignments in separate drawings. however you might try checking that all your alignment sections actually connect. sometimes if there is a tiny gap in the alignment it messes up things down the line. 

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: nostupidquestions

If there was a tiny gap, why would it highlight as one object (alignment) when I click on different sections? Wouldn't there be multiple alignments in that case? Also, I zoomed in as far as I could and couldn't see a gap (where I would assume one would be if that were the case).

Message 6 of 8
nostupidquestions

it still highlights as one object however your stationing stops at the gap. not saying it's the problem but maybe.

64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: nostupidquestions

If that were the issue, how would I resolve it? Do I need to recreate my alignment?

Message 8 of 8
nostupidquestions

put some stationing on the alignment and see if it follows the entire length. if it stops somewhere, that will be your gap. then zoom in real tight and drag the ends together. 

64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report