Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM DISPLAYING A SUBASSEMBLY IN CIVIL 3D

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
2462 Views, 15 Replies

PROBLEM DISPLAYING A SUBASSEMBLY IN CIVIL 3D

Hello everyone

I've been trying to use a subassembly to compose an assembly i need, the problem is when i import the subassembly into Civil 3D, it doesn't display in the drawring space (attached image). I hope someone has a solution for it, the red circles is the only thing that appear and i have even tried to do it with othe subassemblies and those work correctly (I am not sure if that could be a file problem).

I will be really thankfull if someone gives me a solution, greetings!

scarrascad_0-1618845206450.png

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to create an assembly and add subassemblies to it.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/civil-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Civi...

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

@AllenJessup Thanks for the answer. Even so, I've already created the assembly, the step where I am is trying to put the subassembly I created in the SAC in it, and there it is the problem, it doesn't display correctly, just 2 red points ( and that doesn't happen to all of the assemblies I've done)

Message 4 of 16
wfberry

Turn on all layers.

Thaw all layers.

That may be your problem.

Bill

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

Hi, that option doesn't work
Message 6 of 16
M_Obradovic

Hi  scarrascad,

Is the version of SAC when you created subassembly the same as current C3D version. If not, try to open your subassembly in current version of SAC and just save as your PKT file. But be sure to also change subassembly name.

Untitled.png

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: M_Obradovic

I think they're the same version, what i don't understand is why some of the files open normally and the pkt i need is not loaded correctly. Both of C3D Y SAC are 2021

Message 8 of 16
M_Obradovic

Can you share your PKT file in order to try help.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

Absolutely

Message 10 of 16
M_Obradovic

Hi,

When you work in SAC everything is in Roadway Mode and it is view just for SAC. If you want to check how it will be view in C3D when you attach your subassembly you should change in Layout Mode. In your pkt file Layout mode was empty and from this reason you have red circle in C3D. Workflow to avoid this is to add Decision with SA.IsLayout and on true side to draw what you want to see in Civil 3d as I begin to do.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Hope this will help

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

@M_Obradovic thank you for all the responses, before i make my conclusion i would like to know if it's possible to hace a subassembly without those layout conditional, i mean, having de workflow normally and being able to display it in Civil 3D

Message 12 of 16
M_Obradovic

You can create subassembly without this layout condition but not in this subassembly because your subassembly is based on the target's parameters from begining.

Please see following link https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/how-to-control-the-layout-mode-in-subassembly-composer...

and you will see how  explain how to control layout and roadway mode.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous

Thak you very much, this has been really helpfull

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

I've just solved my problem easier, i have some conditions that restrict the height of the slopes according to the maximum values i've defined in the parameters; so i realized  the AP1 layout delta Y was in 30 (where the conditionals would not display anything) so what i had to do was set a minor value where my workflow works, in that way the layout view would the default representation of the assembly where imported to C3D.

Thank you again

scarrascad_0-1618864307552.png

Message 15 of 16
Yehoshua18

Hey, I'm having the same problem, and your idea is the crux of the problem. I can open the file in an older version of SAC, and resave it, but it will still only run in the latest version of civil 3d, and I need it to work in 2020. Do I have to rebuild it from scratch?

Thanks for your help!

I also tried searching opening the file in visual studio and searching for "2022" in the code, but I could not identify any version information. I don't know enough about how that works. Do you know how I can fix this in the code, or a way to fix this without rebuilding the entire assembly?

Thanks!

Message 16 of 16
thomas_tranFZ9CY
in reply to: wfberry

Thank you. that works for me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report