Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing problems

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
ESchomberg
757 Views, 30 Replies

Printing problems

Dear friends.

I have purchased a new computer and installed CIVIL3D 2017 on it. I have re-done all of my settings  and am able to complete a drawing. However, when I print it out now on the same printer I have been using my lines have small jogs in them, some of the line edges are not smooth and there are errors in printing text as well.

Could it be that when I downloaded 2017 from the net..........that it did not download properly????

I have tried all efforts with the printer manufacturer and they do not know.

This is very frustrating, and causing me to be out of business.

Can anyone help me here????

CIVIL3D doesn't seem to have much tech support that I have found????

Should I uninstall Civil3d, re-install it, and just start from scratch?????

Desperately seeking answers, thank you!!!

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
ESchomberg
in reply to: SkipBurns

No, I see the PDF with no errors, It is only when I print it out on paper that I see the errors.

Message 22 of 31
ESchomberg
in reply to: ESchomberg

I am praying that someone can help me figure this out. If not, perhaps some ideas on what road to take. I have considered starting from scratch with a new template but I hate to do all that and end up having the same issue.
Message 23 of 31
Jeff_M

Erik, you said you were plotting to PDF and to Paper, yet the drawing is set to plot to DWF. When you print to paper, is it from the PDF or directly from C3D?
When I send a print to my wide format HP printer it is printing askew, as if the layout is rotated a degree or 2, which it's not. I don't have an explanation for this but am off to do some research of my own.

I'm fairly certain that this is not an issue with your template.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 24 of 31
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

When I print directly to my Officejet (letter size, to fit) it plots without the rotation. So there is something amiss in my (and I guess your) printer driver for the 11x17 prints. Printing first to PDF then from the PDF to the printer appears to print fine....or, at least, better.
EESignature
Message 25 of 31
ESchomberg

I normally print straight from civil3d but have printed from PDF as well....both are showing issues. The thing is I never had this issue until I got a new computer and 2017 upgrade....the printer is the same one I used before.
Message 26 of 31
Jeff_M

Erik, I am seeing the same issue with my drawings. I rarely print direct to 11x17 paper so didn't notice it before, but I am seeing identical results in 2012, 2016, and 2017 in my testing today.
EESignature
Message 27 of 31
ESchomberg

That's crazy....like I said... I've printed hundreds of drawings with no issues until now
Message 28 of 31
ESchomberg

Wow...so the HP printer tech support asked me to delete and re install civil3d to prove that my printer is the problem..... Now I cannot log back into my account to re install civil3d......what fun!!!
Message 29 of 31
ESchomberg

I emailed my drawings to my boss.... He printed them out at work using civil3d 2016....they printed beautifully.... So now I'm left wondering if it's 2017 that has a problem...or my printer??
Message 30 of 31
Jeff_M

Erik, as I noted, I also have an HP printer and am seeing the same thing. It MAY be that 2017 updated how Autocad communicates with the printer, as I use the same printer files for all versions of Autocad that I have installed. This would explain why I am seeing the same thing even in in C3D2012, which I do not recall ever noticing before. I have a pc without 2017 installed and plan to test this theory tomorrow on that.
EESignature
Message 31 of 31
ESchomberg

I reinstalled 2017.... Will find out tonight if same issues persist.... This has been so frustrating. I've been dead in the water for weeks now

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report