Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Pipe Network - Deflections at Cut Lengths

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1383 Views, 4 Replies

Pressure Pipe Network - Deflections at Cut Lengths

Just starting to use the Pressure Pipe Networks for design of water main. 

I've got my Cut Length set to 20' and my allowable deflection set to 5 degrees. 

When drawing out a Network, it  shows you the allowable deflection coming out of a fittings or appurtenances, but i want to be able to deflect the pipe at each joint/cut length. 

So every 20' of pipe I should be allowed 5 degrees of deflection.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I may be wrong? If so, someone please correct me. But ...

I think that you have to draw the pipe 20 ft at a time, and I don't think that you can specify a maximum pipe length allowed when you add pipe. So you have to use workarounds - draw something at 20 ft intervals that you can snap to as you lay out the pipe.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I've done that at it seems to work out fine.

When I do draw the pipe 20' at a time though,  I do not get any grips at the pipe ends to adjust the angle/deflection between pipes? Any way around that?

If the pipe deflection at the cut lengths can't be done, what is the purpose of setting the cut length?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I don't have it in front of me, but I think the deflection control only works when you are laying it out the first time. After that the grips (square one??) will move it wherever you want, but not be restricted by the 5%%d deflection.

The only place I can think of where cut length comes into play is in profile view when you tell it to follow surface, like through a vertical curve, at your bury depth. Then it breaks up a straight segment into separate pipes at 20 ft or whatever. It does it in plan view, too, so be very sure you have it where you want it in plan view before you tell it to follow surface or you will have zillions of pipes to move by using grips later on if you move it horizontally.

Message 5 of 5
abolognaWQWQR

Once you click on your pipe in profile and see the pressure network tab, click pipe run profile, click cut length, update only.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report