Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

points from xref become tiny in paperspace

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3085 Views, 5 Replies

points from xref become tiny in paperspace

Subject says it all. Another designer referenced our existing conditions basemap into another dwg.  In model space everything appears normal, but when you switch to paper space....all the cogo points become tiny. Linetypes are AOK

Only the point labels and markers.

Very frustrating!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: Anonymous

To my knowledge, styles and labels are only affected by annotation scales in the drawing they reside in. So if you xref a drawing with labels in it will not change the size automatically when a scale is changed / Viewport scale is changed.

To correct you can do one of two things,

Set the xref scale to the same as the drawing's scale so the markers are correct (and labels) you can also add labels to the Xreffed points (I think).

My personal preference is to export to a point file using the PNEZD format and import into the drawing. You can use Description Key sets to set up the styles automatically saving aditional work.

M

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Thanks for the reply.

However, the issue is that for some strange reason the points in the xref are shrinking in the viewports only.  Model space they look great.

We always xref our existing basemap (which contains the points (label styles and marker style)) into the design basemap with no problem for years...this should not be an issue and hasn't been.

The weird issue is that scale of all the points (labels and markers) appear normal when in model space, but once you toggle over to a layout tab...they are tiny and not following any sort of scale it seems.

Thanks...hope this helps clear up what I'm asking. 

Message 4 of 6
jrauch
in reply to: Anonymous

Open EDITDRAWINGSETTINGS and make sure your units are set properly, feet or meters. I'll bet your drawing is accidentally set to inches.

-John J. Rauch, P.E.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jrauch

Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
Kevin.Spear
in reply to: jrauch

Similar issue. But the XREF is a civil file being referenced in AutoCAD MEP or Plant, etc. The points are visible in Plant, but their label size is stuck at the scale in the civil file. Is this "as designed"? Or, is something else at play?

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin Spear, PE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report