Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Marker Color

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mpitts4N47N
1959 Views, 2 Replies

Point Marker Color

Hi,

I'm revising the template our company uses and changing the layer the Point Marker and Point Labels to the Layer called POINTS. (because ... reasons)

In the Point Style Dialog on the Display tab, you can set the layer for both the Marker and Label.  Here there is a column to set the color.  However when I bring a point in using the point description key that set has the color set, it still comes in using the layer color.

AutoCAD help on this dialog box is woefully incomplete.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeew-m
in reply to: mpitts4N47N

Hi,

When you have a point which belongs to a description key;

• The point will not care about the default point style
  • It has it's own style set in the description keys. Then you have to edit the description key set to change it.

Also there may be a point group override for style which overrides your selected point style. Go to point group properties and overrides tab to check it.

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 3
mpitts4N47N
in reply to: Jeew-m

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The group override was not set to 'ON'.

Since my intent is to have all points belong to a Description Key Set, I guess that answers my question.

My intent was to have all points on the POINTS layer, to the Engineering Dept would be happy, but to control the color by means of each Point Style Color. I guess that is not an option.

I found that the Point Style Override will change the color to that set in the Point style, there is no way to only change the color, (which our ctb file depends on).

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report