Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Production - Profile Sheets

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
LarryS23
646 Views, 8 Replies

Plan Production - Profile Sheets

I am having trouble figuring out why when I create my profile sheets from the plan and production tools the title of the viewport always seems to get cut off.

profile view.JPG

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: LarryS23

Are the vports in the template the same scale as  the produce profiles. Are the profiles view style in the parent files the same as the produced. specifically the vertical scale factor

when generating try selecting get profile style from exist profile

In my experience, regardless of the style there will need hands on reviewing an tweaking of the vports created

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
tcorey

Edit the Profile View Style and lower the Vertical Exaggeration value (Graph tab).

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 9
LarryS23
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Yeah the vports are the same at 1" = 10'. The profile view style seems to change when I create the sheets to this. The sheets seem to come in at this weird scale for some reason Should I add a band set or is something wrong with the profile style and I might need to tweak it. profile view style.JPG

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 9
tcorey

The zoom scale of the viewports comes from the scale you set when you created the viewports in your template.

The vertical scale of the profile comes from the Profile View Style, Graph tab. Change the Vertical exaggeration number to something lower. You can edit the Profile View Style before you ever run the sheets, or you can do it later and it will affect all Profile Views in the current drawing.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 6 of 9
LarryS23
in reply to: tcorey

So the zoom scale is the same as the horizontal scale then...I see 

Message 7 of 9
LarryS23
in reply to: tcorey

Part of the reason I could not see the title was that the profile view properties went to a user specified height of 0 - 100.75 and I do not remember inputting this. I am trying to figure out how this happened.

Message 8 of 9
LarryS23

This is probably because of the scale in the profile view style I think.

Message 9 of 9
Joe-Bouza

In the parent file make the overall profile view exactly as you want in the production views. make sure this styule exist in the PP template.

use the use exist profile style in the wizard when creating.

as noted previously you WILL most likely have to tweak the PP sheets regardless

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report