Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Networks globally change Data Source

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
418 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe Networks globally change Data Source

Is there any way to change the data source in one go for a Profile View? I'm sure I'm not the only one who is tired of having to change them individually. I attached a screen shot for where I refer to.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mike.M.Carlson
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, you can leverage the Ribbon drop down called "Manage" and then select Manage Data Shortcuts (shown below)...then you can link your current pipe network in the current dwg to another pipe network source file that is data shortcuted to your project, which will update the pipe network in the current dwg and thus the data source in the profile view. 

Captureq.PNG

This link explains more:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/civil-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Civi...

Michael M. Carlson
Senior Civil Designer
CADD Manager
AutoCAD Civil 3D Professional
AutoCAD Professional

Message 3 of 4
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous ,

Just checking to see if your problem has been solved. Did the above response from Michael help answer your question? If yes, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button in his reply so this helps other users in the community find the solution too. Thanks!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Mike.M.Carlson

Hi Guys

I'm not looking to replace the pipe network with another. I just want to be able to change the data source to all my bands in one go, rather then have to select each band individually.

Dec

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report