Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network Insertion Elevation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
811 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe Network Insertion Elevation

Hi everyone.

So I am recording AS-BUILT model with surveyed points from the surveyor.

Is there a way to draw (whether pressure or gravity) pipes so that it comes in at "Crown Elevation" instead of (Centerline Elevation)?

Currently i would draw the pipes then select individual pipes and change elevations in the "Part Properties" dialogue box which feels like doing the same work twice.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

S>S>

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dben
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried setting your Pipe rule Pipe to Pipe Match to crown?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dben

Hi dben,

Thank you for the suggestion.

That did not help with the issue, however it was very useful when continuing with the laying of pipes.

these pipes are still assuming the elevation centerline elevation and that elevation should be the outside crown.

regards,

S.S.

Message 4 of 5
drazen.galic
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe I don't understand your workflow. You have surveying points. Do you you draw new pipes or modify existing ones. If you draw new pipes maybe idea can be to draw 3d polyline using points and then convert polylines to pipe network. In that function you can define which point is actual polyline (invert, crown...)
Regards
Drazen
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: drazen.galic

Hi drazen,

I think drawing the 3d polyline is going to be the quickest way.

I was hoping there's even a much quicker way but i guess not.

So I'll use feature lines (input elevations as i go along) to draw the centerline of the ductbanks with an adjusted elevation and that should take care of that.

thanks again guys, greatly appreciated!!

Regards,

S.S.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report