Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe I do NOT want to display

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
arobinson02G4RKZ
189 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe I do NOT want to display

Hey folks,

Doing some cross sections and I've got a cross pipe that I don't want to display in one particular section. As the pipe is at quite the skewed angle, it comes in looking terrible! Besides, it displays on other sections properly. Any ideas on how to NOT have it display in this one section? I've attached a picture to show how badly it's coming in.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: arobinson02G4RKZ

Create a layer for that one Pipe Network Section. Put this one on that layer and freeze that layer. Other Pipe Network Sections will remain on the original layer. This will not affect pipes in plan view.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
arobinson02G4RKZ
in reply to: tcorey

Close, but not quite enough. All the pipes froze, and I only needed the one pipe out of the way. However, you gave me an idea.

I created a new pipe style that drew its elements on a different layer, and made that one pipe that style. Then I went into paperspace and went to the tab of the section I needed to adjust. Clicking on the viewport, I froze that layer in just that viewport, and the pipe disappeared - yahhhh! Meanwhile, the pipe continues to display in the other sections where it's needed.

A bit convoluted, but it works. Thanks for your effort.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report