Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perpendicular Snap Issue

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
johnmGNDYY
1725 Views, 9 Replies

Perpendicular Snap Issue

After upgrading to 2020 Civil 3D, the perp snap doesn't work unless the line I'm snapping to is extended down to where the perpendicular point would be. I use to be able to snap perp to the line no matter where the line ended but it doesn't work in any drawings now. All lines are on elevation 0 and they aren't curves.

Labels (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: johnmGNDYY

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 10
pendean

Which year version is at the top vs the bottom in your posted image?
your top screenshot is a much shorter line and not PERP, your bottom one is much longer but show corect PERP behaviour.

Is your 2020 C3D fully updated/patched? That never happens on its own if you simply downloaded C3D2020 to install.
Message 4 of 10
rkmcswain

Are you using an object snap override or running object snaps?

Also, to rule out any interference - turn ON all of the status bar buttons, and then make sure all of those things are DISabled (DUCS, SC, running OSNAP, GIZMO, POLAR TRACKING, 3DOSNAP, etc., etc.)

Message 5 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
Which year version is at the top vs the bottom in your posted image?
your top screenshot is a much shorter line and not PERP, your bottom one is much longer but show corect PERP behaviour.

Is your 2020 C3D fully updated/patched? That never happens on its own if you simply downloaded C3D2020 to install.

To me, it looks like the screenshots from the same version, and OP is showing us that when the line is NOT extended, the PERP object snap will not find the true PERP point.

Patched? Since when do object snaps not work? This is one area in which I don't ever recall them introducing a bug that needed to be fixed.

Message 6 of 10
johnmGNDYY
in reply to: pendean

They are the same version Civil 3D 2020. I just was zoomed in more when took the first screenshot. It only shows the correct behavior if the line is longer like in the second screenshot, but it use to work fine before even if the line was short like the first screenshot. Yes it's all up to date with the latest patches, it has never worked correctly in 2020 since I installed it. 

Message 7 of 10
johnmGNDYY
in reply to: rkmcswain

I've tried it both ways of typing "PER" and having perpendicular the only active snap and neither works, it just snaps to the endpoint where the first screenshot is showing it go to. I also turned everything off and that made no difference. 

Message 8 of 10
cwr-pae

The two images are not of the same drawing or drawing area. Can you post the drawing so we can take a look?

Message 9 of 10
pendean

@johnmGNDYY "The two images are not of the same drawing or drawing area. Can you post the two drawings so we can take a look?"
Message 10 of 10
laurie.nichol

Why was this marked resolved?  Am I missing something?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report