Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF washed out in Modelspace

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
AllenJessup
1033 Views, 7 Replies

PDF washed out in Modelspace

I've inserted a PDF underlay that looks washed out in Modelspace. In a Paperspace viewport it looks fine. I thought it might be a transparency issue. Transparency for the layer was 0. I; changed the object transparency to 0, checked the contrast was 100 and the fade was 0, even set a different color for the layer. Nothing improved the look of the PDF in Modelspace

MODELSPACEMODELSPACELAYOUTLAYOUT

If I go to Modelspace through the layout. It still looks fine. But if I maximize the viewport, It will be washed out. This may be a known issue. I rarely attache color PDF's. I have the original Orthos as JP2 files. I need the PDF for additions by others. It will work since I'm plottng from Paperspace. But it looks weird while drafting my additional work.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Neilw_05
in reply to: AllenJessup

I wonder if it is related to this post Allen.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/aerial-images-seem-transparent/td-p/8063024

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 8
AllenJessup
in reply to: Neilw_05

It might be. But I can't get the hotfix to install.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/aerial-images-seem-transparent/m-p/8085201#M374605

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
AllenJessup
in reply to: Neilw_05

It isn't that problem because I inserted the same aerials covering that area and they look fine in modelspace.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
wlewis

Allen,

Can you save the PDF as an image, and does the same washout happen?

Message 6 of 8
tcorey

Change your modelspace background color to white.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 7 of 8
AllenJessup
in reply to: wlewis

@wlewis I'll give it a try. But at this point I've abandoned the PDF and brought in the original aerials. I duplicated the little work that had already been done and have the preliminary plot we need for the submission on Monday.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
AllenJessup
in reply to: tcorey

@tcorey That does it. But if I have to set my background to white just to see it correctly. I'll stick with using Raster Images. Do you know why this happens. I do see that white background for titles and legends appear black. I'm guessing it reads pure white "background color".

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report