Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part of assembly not showing in corridor surface

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jamescMX2DQ
246 Views, 2 Replies

Part of assembly not showing in corridor surface

Hi,

I am using Civil 3D to create a forestry road network. I created a corridor which is split into different regions. Some of these regions have differing assemblies assigned to them as I had to create an intersection for two of the forestry roads. Road 1, shown running in a general N-S direction, has an assembly assigned to it (see attached assembly picture) at the region where it intersects Road 2. This assembly is made up of a subassembly for each road lane, a roadside drain and daylights; there is no drain or daylights on the side where it intersects Road 2. 

When looking at a top down view of the corridor in the model space, everything looks okay and the roadside drain can be seen. This is the same when looking at the corridor in the object viewer. 

I created a surface which follows the top links of the corridor and has a boundary set to the outer extents of the corridor. When I look at this surface in the object viewer however, the roadside drain is missing for this region. It's hard to tell, but it appears that the drain is present near the start and end of the region, but crosses over to the other side of the road and narrows in to a point. 

I've been doing some investigating but haven't been able to figure out why this is happening. I'm relatively new to Civil 3D, so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeew-m
in reply to: jamescMX2DQ

Hi,

I feel like you do not have enough frequency lines on the corridor at the problematic side.

Is it possible to upload the dwg.?

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 3
jamescMX2DQ
in reply to: Jeew-m

Hi Jeewana,

That's exactly what was wrong, I increased the frequencies from 20m to 5m and the drain is now showing up in the corridor surface. Thanks for your help!

James

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report