Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Builder-Size Parameter

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1538 Views, 6 Replies

Part Builder-Size Parameter

Hi All,

I have added a size parameter named SBSL to the list. I am trying to delete it now but it's displaying the error message like "SBSL is a required parameter and cannot be deleted".

Your help is highly appreciated!

Size Paramater-Delete.jpg

Thank You.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
KirkWM
in reply to: Anonymous

You likely have to modify the calculation that references the parameter you want to delete, either create a new parameter and modify the calculation to use that one instead or just zero our the calculation and redo it later.  Hope that helps.

Message 3 of 7
lynn_zhang

Hello @Anonymous ,

Just checking to see if your problem has been solved. Did the response from @KirkWM help answer your question? If yes, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button in his reply so this helps other users in the community find the solution too. Thanks!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 4 of 7
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Please check in the partparamCfg.xml file against the part type, scroll to end of the file until <AeccPartDomainCfg domain="Structure_Domain"> and beyond indicates parameter associated with types of structure.

Some are required "<AeccReqParam" some optional <AeccOptParam.

Do not change the OTB settings in here...

If you do not need the parameter but it won't let you remove it then just enter a null value and be done with it.

After the export / save, check it is not being used in the parts xml files in any calculations and adjust (Hack) manually replacing as needed.

Mike

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 5 of 7
lynn_zhang
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Thanks Mike! 

@Anonymous Could you try this?

@MikeEvansUK wrote:

Please check in the partparamCfg.xml file against the part type, scroll to end of the file until <AeccPartDomainCfg domain="Structure_Domain"> and beyond indicates parameter associated with types of structure.

Some are required "<AeccReqParam" some optional <AeccOptParam.

Do not change the OTB settings in here...

If you do not need the parameter but it won't let you remove it then just enter a null value and be done with it.

After the export / save, check it is not being used in the parts xml files in any calculations and adjust (Hack) manually replacing as needed.

Mike

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 6 of 7
joantopo
in reply to: lynn_zhang

@MikeEvansUK 

Hi Mike.

I am seeing your blogs regarding Part Builder and I have 2 questions:

1) In the "Edit Part Sizes" window, when you select "Values" in the combobox, sometimes a Part has one or more rows or another Part (of stock pipe Catalog) is in blanck.

2) How do you add items there? Is that related to "Table" type?. I don´t know how to use "Table" data storage. If I put a parameter as "Table" how I add a table?

For example, if I have a pipe with outer diameter 300,400,500 with WTh= 30  and 600 outer diameter with WTH=40, how do I create a Table?

Thanks.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
Message 7 of 7
MikeEvansUK

Sorry, I've just seen your question.

To add values they could be either a List item or a table item, in Old Part builder these are added in the configuration section of PB by changing a context to either type.

Table items are hard wired by number, that is you need to specify for all items (part sizes) in the table, so the below is an extract for the ports used by IPE, note I use numerical values here for greater control on port matching.

The list here must contain the same number of items as all other Tabled sections.

<Column desc="Underground Structure Port Width" dataType="float" unit="mm" name="SurfaceStructure_SPWidth" id="C16" visible="0" context="Geometry_ModelDistanceParameter" index="14">
<Row id="r0">10.0000</Row>
<Row id="r1">11.0000</Row>
<Row id="r2">12.0000</Row>
<Row id="r3">13.0000</Row>
<Row id="r4">14.0000</Row>....

The other option is to add List items.

<ColumnConstList desc="No of Brickwork Courses" dataType="float" unit="" name="BrkCor" id="CCL1" visible="1" context="BrickCorse" index="0">
<Item id="i0">2.0000</Item>
<Item id="i1">3.0000</Item>
<Item id="i2">4.0000</Item>
</ColumnConstList>

If using IPT: it does not "natively" use list items, aggravatingly it desires to be hard wired but we can harness them by hacking the Xml file to do what we want.

The table list above gives us a multiplier for use in calculations.

In the UK we have a range of 2-4 bricks included in a manholes Surface structure, I wanted to be able to specify the number of courses and thus control the height of the bricks being shown without having to have multiple parts with each variant of 2-4 brickwork courses!

By adding the statement below and deleting the original table entry for SurfaceStructure Height, I can correctly calculate the Surface Structure height and pass this to the inventor model.

Note: when doing this, check back through the ID's & Index numbers to make sure there are no duplicates otherwise it will fail to expand the table correctly. IPE / c3d is in need of a better Part validation which works on Inventor parts, as it stands its not very helpful and leaves you to undertake trial and error when hacking.

<ColumnCalc desc="Surface Structure Height" dataType="float" unit="mm" name="SurfaceStructure_SSHeight" id="CCA5" visible="0" context="Geometry_ModelDistanceParameter" index="31">$SurfaceStructure_SlabThk + (75 * $BrkCor) + $SFH</ColumnCalc>

Hop ethis helps

Mike

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report