Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Label Angle Anchoring

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
brunogrecv
589 Views, 5 Replies

Parcel Label Angle Anchoring

I'm looking for a way to align my Parcel Area Label automatically to one of the Parcel Segments of the parcel it belongs to. This is what I want:

11.png

This is what I'm getting:

22.png

I can adjust the angle manually, but it would take a long time to do it for a big number of lots since I can do only one at a time.

Is there a way to "anchor" my Area Label to one of the segments to match their direction, or to the segment label, which is itself anchored to the segment's direction?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I wish there was, but don't think so. In the general tab on the Area Label Style Composer, under behavior, orientation Reference you have the 3 choices: Object, View and World Coordinate System. You would think, maybe that the Object might work, but I have never figured out what it exactly does. Seems to stay left to right. 

Even if you could hold a reference for every lot by the time you went though the editor it would take about the same time as it would to just rotate them. 

We just set the style to view and leave them there. Decided it was not worth the time to rotate them all. I know that sounds like giving up. I try real hard not too, but nature of the beast.   

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 6

I'm with @jefflambert9091, really wish there was a way of controlling the rotation. There is always the option of using a table for the area, and my be the best option in your case.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Matheus-Lima
in reply to: brunogrecv

Hi everyone! Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I'm stuck on it and couldn't find much about this.

[PT-BR] Se essa postagem foi útil para você, clique em Curtir! Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar Solução.
[EN-US] If it was helpful to you, click on Like! If the answer solved your problem, click on Accept Solution.

EESignature

Matheus Lima
Civil Engineer | BIM for Infrastructure Enthusiast | BIM Manager | Instagram @bim_infra | LinkedIn
Message 5 of 6
rl_jackson
in reply to: Matheus-Lima

If you create an Area Label through a Xref you then get the Rotation capability. Basically you have a No-Plot label in the source drawing and then add a plotting label to the Xref.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
ChrisRS
in reply to: brunogrecv

It can be done. It is built in and actually documented.

Link: To Add Parcel Area Labels | Civil 3D | Autodesk Knowledge Network

ChrisRS_1-1675838719570.png

When parcels are created, the parcel boundaries and the parcel area labels are automatically generated.

This parcel label cannot be rotated.

ChrisRS_2-1675839940315.png

You can manually add additional Parcel Area Labels that, individually, can be rotated manually. 

These are actually Parcel Face Labels. The instructions above do not make this distinction.  

ChrisRS_4-1675840503688.png

Both "Parcel Area Labels" and "Parcel Face Labels" use styles from Parcel> Lable Styles> Area.  

ChrisRS_5-1675840728464.png

The screenshot below shows a Parcel with a "Parcel Area Label" and five "Parcel Face Labels."

These labels can use different styles to customize size, color, content, etc.

The labels would be on different layers to allow visibly control in different viewports.    

ChrisRS_6-1675841001092.png

Good Luck!

P.S. - 
@rl_jackson, this can be done in the base drawing. it is not necessary to make use of an XREF.
If the layouts are in different drawings, the XREF approach could avoid some layer complications. 

Christopher Stevens

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report