Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Curve Label renumbering - Workflow

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rl_jackson
389 Views, 3 Replies

Parcel Curve Label renumbering - Workflow

Ok so I've got a workflow question here and look for the best way to attack my current situation.

I've got a subdivision I'm working on that has 520 lots and associated open space and lake areas. Naturally, I labeled the plat and now it's changed sometimes substantially in areas. Lots were added to one area and removed from another area. Since my project is all parcels and I'm labeling it though an xref, everything for the most part updated, labels shifted to the revised lines or lines the disappeared their label disappeared etc..... Now I've gotten all the labels for the curves either removed if they were no longer needed or added ones that were added to the subdivision, but this has caused the labels to no longer be in a numeric order.

Does anyone know have a workflow recommendation, tip or trick to get the labels back in order?

ATM I'm considering resetting the Curve # back to 39 (last boundary curve) and going through all the curves with the renumber process one at a time for the entire 1300 or so curve labels.

Is there an app or routine that might make this easier?

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: rl_jackson

@rl_jackson wrote:

ATM I'm considering resetting the Curve # back to 39 (last boundary curve) and going through all the curves with the renumber process one at a time for the entire 1300 or so curve labels.

If the C3D API provided access to the contents/number of the tags I would've created a tool for this long ago. however, we are stuck with the manual task you described.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
rl_jackson
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for the disheartening information @Jeff_M once again the survey side of things is left behind. How does Autodesk and @TimYarris allow the guys that are on the ground first and the last to leave suffer with tools that should be simple. In 20yrs (almost) of C3D Parcels and the Survey side of things have changed very little. Sure, we got Survey Point Groups/Filters and Queries (which help) yet in the SDB that we can't access groups by description (not sure whose dumb idea it was to make it a check box selection vs. normal point group methods - is it not all SQL). Minor RANT here, maybe someone will listen. If Survey can't provide the product Engineering will not be designing, it!

Off to my 1300 curve labels. Ugggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

PS: It would be a GODSEND if we could search a drawing with a simple FIND C1260....enough said

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
TerryDotson
in reply to: rl_jackson

If we could search a drawing with a simple FIND C1260

If you were to consider third party add-ons, DotSoft's C3DTools contains an in-development "LabTagCon" tool that can renumber all labels, provide details on existing label tags and location, follow a linear figure renaming sequentially, renumber based on pick order, or zoom to a designated label number.

Try the full working 34-day evaluation to see for yourself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report