Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset Profiles

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dromeroGQ6ZP
240 Views, 2 Replies

Offset Profiles

Hello,

I am trying to create offset profiles. I have accomplished this by creating offset alignments then creating surface profiles using those offset alignments as baselines for the new profiles. However, I've noticed that by doing this the stationing on the new profiles do not match the stations along the centerline alignment. This makes sense because the offset alignments are different lengths compared to the source centerline alignment. 

I am hoping that there is a way to create offset profiles in such a way that maintains the stationing of the source alignment. This would essentially be projecting the surface profile at the horizontal location of the offset alignment, but at the stationing of the original centerline alignment. 

Is this possible?

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
v-silvestre
in reply to: dromeroGQ6ZP

I think the best way to achieve having the main alignment stationing for your offset profiles is to use the "Create Superimposed Profile".  Copy your main alignment profile view then use "Create Superimposed Profile" and project your offset profile to your main profile.  

vsilvestre_0-1708118755559.png

Message 3 of 3
dromeroGQ6ZP
in reply to: v-silvestre

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report