Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset alignment but keep Z values

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
swartaZ6NR2
132 Views, 2 Replies

Offset alignment but keep Z values

Hi There,

I have created a long alignment (-+118km) (started with 3Dpolyline, then feature line, then alignment) with XYZ points, however I want move the alignment slightly, not always uniform offsets, (ranges from 0.5m to 0.25m). How can I do this quickly to get the new XY coordinates, but keep the Z values from the original points. There are too many points to move them manually. I have attached the drawing with the first 3Dpolyline drawn. The cyan line is the new position for this line. So I want to make the cyan line my new alignment with the points just transferred to the new line. Is it possible?

Thank you

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: swartaZ6NR2

I haven't tried it. But. I'd offset the 3D polyline past the new position. Then use the original and offset polylines to create a Surface. Create the new align and create a profile from the Surface. If you need Cogo Points. Use the Point Creation Tools to set them appropriately.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
EliANewlines
in reply to: swartaZ6NR2

Hi @swartaZ6NR2, there is an easy way to accomplish this.

First, join all the cyan lines to make one long polyline, and convert the polyline to a feature line. Then, you can use the command ADJACENTFEATUREELEVSBYREF to set the elevations of the feature line to match the elevations of the 3D polyline next to it.

EliANewlines_0-1724250194502.png

Use the 3D polyline as the reference object, select the feature line to modify it, and use an elevation difference of 0. This will make the feature line get the elevations of the 3D polyline.

One word of the caution though: the 3D polyline is very long, with over 2,000 vertices. If you run the command with a very long reference object, it will take a very long time to complete (depending on your system, it can take 10 minutes!) and may even cause Civil 3D to crash. I would first weed the 3D polyline to only have a couple hundred vertices before running the command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report