Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no station found on alignment

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
mzurek
3331 Views, 9 Replies

no station found on alignment

Hi Everyone,

So I am having a problem with my alignment stationing. I have an existing alignment to which I applied a few changes to the geometry. I removed some line segments and replaced them with new line segments. Everything is joined up and looks fine however, at the point where I started editing my alignment the stationing stops and along the rest of the alignment I get a message saying "no station found" I have tried to reset the stationing via the station control reference point options but that has not been working... Any ideas??

Thanks

Mike

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jennya
in reply to: mzurek

When you drew the new line to add to your alignment, did you draw from "down station" to "up station"? If not, that could be the cause. Try deleting the new segment, then redrawing as stated above.

Message 3 of 10
mzurek
in reply to: jennya

Tried that... didn't work : /

I also tried deleting all the line segments that are up station of where i began my edits and redrew a large portion of the alignment going from down station to up station but for some reason the stationing still stops at the same point...

STA.PNG

Message 4 of 10
rkmcswain

Yes, I've never fully understood how geometry can be "part of" an alignment, but it's really not.....

I'll be watching to see what you find out.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 10
ToddRogers-WPM

From where the stationing stops, in the Edit Geometry toolbar, select the Reverse Direction and pick the segment next to where the stationing stops. Sometimes this is a fix...

2017-02-10_11-30-49.png

Todd Rogers
Message 6 of 10
mzurek
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Hi Todd,

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried to reverse the adjacent segment however, I got an error message saying, "selected fixed entity has an attachment and cannot be reversed, try again"... Any idea what this might mean?

Mike

Message 7 of 10
Jeff_M

Mike, can you post the dwg file?
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 10
mzurek
in reply to: Jeff_M

Sure thing... file is attached

Message 9 of 10
Jeff_M

At the jog you show where the stationing stops, the short line does not connect at either end to the adjoining entities. Grip edit to get them to connect and the stationing will continue as expected.

2-10-2017 11-35-51 AM.png2-10-2017 11-37-22 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 10 of 10
mzurek
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report