Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Rim Elevations

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
andrew.robinson4HZXU
479 Views, 6 Replies

No Rim Elevations

Okay, here's an odd one. One of the guys in my office has laid out storm and sanitary systems, but when we select a manhole/inlet and list the structure properties the rim elevation isn't listed. What are we missing? I can't figure out why in only this drawing we can't edit the rim or even get it to list. I tried using the network edit command and list every structure, and suddenly there were the rims! So, any idea why they won't list when we select an individual structure?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: andrew.robinson4HZXU

When you go in and edit Pipes do you see any Surface selected on the joining Pipe?

When you select the Structure, do you see any Surface?

What version of Civil 3D are you currently using?

Last, I know that this will sound strange but try it.

Shut down the PC and reopen the file and recheck the Structure as soon as you open the file.

My reason is that I have seen where my PC will not display a dialog Pallet until after I have done just this, so it is worth a try.

Lastly, I know that in 2015 versions of C3D if you changed the RIM surface on the Network, it would not really do the actual task of changing the RIM surface elevation even though it showed that the "Network" it had been changed.

If you looked at the individual structure you would see that in fact it had not been elevated.

Message 3 of 7

The network may have been defined without a surface

Check the reference surface in panorama

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7

True, it hasn’t, but that doesn’t seem to be it. I have a project where I
have no surface, but I can set the rims. Anything else that might cause it?
Message 5 of 7

Is it possible that the other guy is using a different part catalog?

The structure properties will get wonky if this is true

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7

Check the part catalog pathetic on each machine

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

Path lol some might say that was Freudian

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report