Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Layer and Layer States

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jroot
124 Views, 1 Reply

New Layer and Layer States

We  have been on V2021.3 for quite a while now (soon jumping to 2025) and it seems like lately when I create a new layer and put some lines/blocks/text on it, the new layer stays on when I run other layer states. I do not add this new layer to any of the layer states and I'm pretty sure it has never behaved this way in the past. But after switching tabs a couple times and restoring  a few other layer states finally the new layer will turn off like it should. This is what I found in the C3D command instructions:

• By default, if the drawing contains layers that were added after a layer state was saved, the new layers are turned off when the layer state is restored. The intent of this setting is to preserve the visual appearance of the drawing at the time that the layer state was saved.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AllenJessup
in reply to: jroot

No. I haven't noticed that in 2024. I think you've probably confirmed that the "Turn off layers not found in layer state" box is checked in the Layer States Manager.

AllenJessup_0-1716988821394.png

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report