Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help with a subassembly.......PLEASE!!!

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
483 Views, 7 Replies

Need some help with a subassembly.......PLEASE!!!

Ok I am going to admit I am out of my realm here with this subassembly I have. It was originally created by Jeff Bartels. He has the assembly set up so that it can be used for curb and gutter with sidewalk and also the same assembly can be used for driveway entrances.

I have tried to modify each subassembly through Assembly Composer so that I have two versions, Full Curb and Rolled Curb. I have also modified the curb so they are the style and width that is used for this area. My problem at this point is that I would like the area between the back of curb and the sidewalk to vary in vertical elevation on both subassembly styles.  

I am 120% sure I may have messed things up LOL

Ok its not going to let me upload the two files something about the file extensions don't match?

So if anyone is willing to take the time too look at these, let me know. I will just send the directly to you.

Dave Z.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

Rename the .pkt to .zip, then it will upload here.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

ok here are the two files

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Just in case here is a link to the video that Jeff Bartels did that explains how the assembly works.

I still have a copy of the original assembly if needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDjeI69UX94&list=PLjsw5HrA4MXlYRFLTonJ7xYmsPeMVL1LV&index=2&t=0s

Message 5 of 8
tcorey

Add a Target Parameter, type: Elevation. In the pkt I looked at, that would be assigned to P15.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 6 of 8
M_Obradovic

Hi,

Please can you check attacked files. If you have some additional issue please be free to ask.

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks Cory.

I added the info you suggested and now it works great. It will now work for 

New subdivisions and existing residential street rehabs😁

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: M_Obradovic

ok Ran into a different problem with the assembly. The driveway does not follow the Boulevard Grade. The top grade of the drive I guess could be set as a different grade compared to the Boulevard.

Dave Z.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report