Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a quick fix

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
149 Views, 2 Replies

Need a quick fix

Our Civil 3d test is out of wack, and I don't really know what the problem is.  I audited and purged a bunch of errors, but it still seems to disobey.

Here's the issue:  A simple plan with a house, driveway, surface, and our company styles is the base file.  The test is to create an alignment from the centerline of the driveway, in this case a 0 elevation polyline.  When picking 'Create Alignment from Object', the curser disappears over the drawing, and will not show up again.  Even weirder, drawing a simple line does the same thing.  I can't even draw a new alignment over the existing pline.

I know there must be a simple variable that is off in this drawing, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it could be.

File attached.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Here's a little more info

It's not a graphics related problem, ie graphicsconfig 'smooth line display' unchecked doesn't solve the issue.  Also, Linefading off does nothing.

We have Civil 3d 2017 SP1.1

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Okay, so I solved the issue myself.  Since the dwg was originally created with C3D 2015, I created a blank dwg and copied everything into it.  Problem solved, no more issues.

If you were preparing a long reply about what I should have done, thanks, but this will work for now. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report