Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 'Review Tags' in AutoCAD/Civil 3D

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Daryl.A
244 Views, 1 Reply

Navisworks 'Review Tags' in AutoCAD/Civil 3D

Is there a way to import 'Review Tags' created in Navisworks into Autocad/Civil 3D?

The objective behind this would be view issues tagged in the Navisworks model directly in the original AutoCAD or Civil 3D models used to create the Navisworks model so issues can be addressed without having to jump between models (Navis/C3D) and then trying to manual navigating to same location in both.

I am aware you can export the Review Tag Viewpoints but these, as far as I am aware, cannot be imported directly into AutoCAD in any useful manner.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dgorsman
in reply to: Daryl.A

The most efficient way that I can think of would be to export the data from Navisworks as XML then consume that file inside the AutoCAD application to create saved views, objects, and/or custom data via XDATA or Extension Dictionaries/XRecords.  I've done this quite a few times with other processes, both with LISP and managed dotNET.

There *might* be another way, providing Simulate or Manage is installed on the same computer as the AutoCAD application and using the Switchback function in Navisworks.  I've had limited success with the Switchback feature (mostly using the NWNavigator plug-in) but not enough to warrant further attempts.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report