Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My line types no longer "connect" after i updated to civil 2025

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
dstickleyFARN9
928 Views, 11 Replies

My line types no longer "connect" after i updated to civil 2025

I don't know how to explain this exactly and i apologize if i am using poor terminology. 
If i have a line type that is dashed connected to another line in the past on every version from 18-23 that i used  it would always not put the dash at the connecting point. Now with 2025 it happens very frequently, and when i am trying to align points to line work or vice versa it can mislead me to think there is a gap at that point. I am hoping this is a setting somewhere, as now i have to manually change the line each time it happens or draft out in another non dashed line type and change it back when i am done. I attached a screenshot pointing to what i mean i hope clarifies further. 

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Check the setting of PLINEGEN or Linetype Generation in the properties menu for that object (at the bottom).  It looks like this was originally set to OFF and now its ON.

Adjust the setting of PLINEGEN in the template. 

Autodesk Civil 3D Help | PLINEGEN (System Variable) | Autodesk
https://help.autodesk.com/view/CIV3D/2024/ENU/index.html?guid=GUID-352844E4-FBEA-44E0-B8F3-41C4187AD...

Check out my Civil 3d blog at: http://c3dk.com/
Favorite Posts: Use Dynamo For Surface Analysis: https://youtu.be/eJNdX6guMP8
Fast Track your site grading with the new Corridor Workflow: https://youtu.be/Gg7u9-LgIL0
Message 3 of 12

I tried setting PLINEGEN to 0 and to 1 with either setting i drew some more lines and have the same issue. 

Message 4 of 12
rl_jackson
in reply to: dstickleyFARN9

When you set PLINEGEN to 0 did you type Regen thereafter. It wont show the affects otherwise.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
tcorey

If you are trying to make existing polylines behave, then set the property called Linetype Generation to Disabled. For new polylines to have the setting automatically applied, set Plinegen = 0.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 6 of 12
ChrisRS

Are you working with lines or Plines? (Polylines)

A file with a few problem lines would help us evaluate the problem. 

Christopher Stevens
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
dstickleyFARN9
in reply to: ChrisRS

These are just normal "l" command lines, not poly. 

Message 8 of 12
dstickleyFARN9
in reply to: rl_jackson

Yes i did re and rea several times between to be sure. Still didnt make a change. 

Message 9 of 12
dstickleyFARN9
in reply to: ChrisRS

I didnt know that was an option! Uploaded a dwg in the template with 2 lines behaving the way i mentioned. Thank you! 

Message 10 of 12
user181

Your lines look fine on my computer (see 1st image). Try adjusting your video card with GRAPHICSCONFIG command. Change the 2D Display settings from Advanced to Intermediate or Basic (2nd image)

lines.pnggraphics.png

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
ChrisRS

I am not seeing any problem.

I am using Civil 3D 2025.0.1

ChrisRS_0-1716572623775.png

Christopher Stevens

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
dstickleyFARN9
in reply to: user181

This was it! 

Thank you we recently changed pc's that had  a much faster processor, but less on the Gcard side. Cad has been much faster, but didn't even think this could be the issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report