Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mrsid Raster projecting in wrong location

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
335 Views, 5 Replies

Mrsid Raster projecting in wrong location

I'm pretty new with AutoCAD, but I'm trying to add a raster image (mrsid) and it ends up projecting far to the north of where it should be located, I have tried unchecking "modify correlation" when adding the image, but that doesn't change anything. 

The raster image I'm working with is in UTM Zone 18N, so do I need to change the drawing to that coordinate system? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sboon
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
The raster image I'm working with is in UTM Zone 18N, so do I need to change the drawing to that coordinate system? 

Not necessarily, but you do have to have one.  What coordinate system does your drawing have now?

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 6
tcorey

Is your current drawing assigned a state plane coordinate system or is it unassigned?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

The system the data that is working is MA state plane NAD 83, where can I go to change the coordinate system for the image data? 

Message 5 of 6
tcorey

Has that coordinate system been assigned to the drawing or are you just working in those coordinates?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 6 of 6
AllenJessup

What the others are getting at is that there can be some automatic translation between known coordinate systems. One way to Check/Assign a system would be to use the MAPCSASSIGN command.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report