Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving surface possible?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RobertEVs
164 Views, 2 Replies

Moving surface possible?

I have a surface that needed to be re-graded as it is terrible. I copied the polylines of street EOP's up 2000' north on my screen then re-created my NEW-FG with featurelines converted from those PL's. I needed to keep the original surface and its design profiles while making the NEW FG to match some elevations at intersections. My [new] FG is now graded properly, and I deleted all the original surface and featurelines that it was built from. I grabbed my NEW FG and it's featurelines and ran the move command, moved everything down 2000' south to the original locations. The moved surface looks terrible. Rebuild does not help things out. Is there a proper way to re-locate a surface and it's featurelines?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RobertEVs
in reply to: RobertEVs

I read Civil help and it said to use the standard move command ONLY on the surface. I then notice in the build there is now a transform by operation. The surface looks good. 

Message 3 of 3
goffermann
in reply to: RobertEVs

The proper way is to just move the feature lines. NOT the surface itself.
It will be rebuilt automatically in the new featureline locations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report