Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse Wheel Pan

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2316 Views, 8 Replies

Mouse Wheel Pan

Began work this morning in a drawing.  Panning with mouse wheel held down worked fine.  

Then it stopped, no other programs running, nothing.  Now holding down mouse wheel has no effect.  

MBUTTONPAN is 1, mouse wheel is set to "button."  

What have I done?  How did this change in the middle of my work?

Thanks for the help.  

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Cadguru42
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Began work this morning in a drawing.  Panning with mouse wheel held down worked fine.  

Then it stopped, no other programs running, nothing.  Now holding down mouse wheel has no effect.  

MBUTTONPAN is 1, mouse wheel is set to "button."  

What have I done?  How did this change in the middle of my work?

Thanks for the help.  

Did you see if this happens in another drawing? Have you closed C3D and restarted?

C3D 2022-2025
Windows 11
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadguru42

First thing I tried was exiting and re-entering program, no joy.  Pan with wheel fails in all drawings.  Perhaps the mouse blew up?  Will try another mouse. Thanks for the thought.  

Message 4 of 9
Cadguru42

@Anonymous wrote:

First thing I tried was exiting and re-entering program, no joy.  Pan with wheel fails in all drawings.  Perhaps the mouse blew up?  Will try another mouse. Thanks for the thought.  

Which C3D version are you running? Starting with 2015 Autodesk changed something with how the mouse wheel is handled. I use a tiny program called WizMouse that gives the window that the cursor is over priority (similar to how Linux works) so that I can scroll in a window that is not the current active window. It's worked fine for every version of AutoCAD since 2000 until 2015 when the zoom function with multiple viewports open zooms in all of them. Autodesk doesn't see it as a problem and the developer of WizMouse hasn't responded to my inquiry about it.

C3D 2022-2025
Windows 11
32GB RAM
Message 5 of 9
jmayo-EE

Temporarly disable the mouse specific app and see if it fixes the issue.

I disble all logitec programs and use the generic mouse driver due to the same issue on a number of machines. 

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
Pointdump

McL,

This will probably sound stupid, but try vacuuming out your mouse. They get dusty contacts inside.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 7 of 9
cwr-pae
in reply to: Pointdump

Dave is showing his age. Back in the stone age we had to clean our mice regularly. The balls and contacts would get packed up with dust and the mice would get flakey. So his suggestion is a good one for any odd mouse behavior.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

if you are using logitech some of the buttons have a tendensy to "disable" mouse pan.

I changed my pan to the thumb button on my logitech!

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I must apologize to all who responded.  It was an evil mouse.

I was forced to purchase a new mouse, a Logitech mouse, which already does not retain the cursor-speed settings I set for it, etc., but still is not (yet) a malignant and accursed mouse like the one inspiring the original post.  

Lowly Worms "R" Us

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report