Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Space Profile looks different in Paper Space viewport

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mmajnerick
3785 Views, 4 Replies

Model Space Profile looks different in Paper Space viewport

I am working in Civil 3D 2017 with a drawing that contains an XREF that has a profile in it. When creating the viewport in paper space of the profile for some reason the grid shows in a different location while the pipes and all other line work in the profile remain the in the same location. Not sure what could be causing the grid to shift especially when it looks correct when in model space and the profile and line work are located in a drawing that is XREFed into the dwg I am working in. See attached photo. VIEWPORT.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mmajnerick

Hi,

Are you using the same scale in the viewport with which the profile was created in model space?  Sometimes profiles have an exaggeration scale either in the vertical or horizontal direction that could possibly be causing your grid to shift.

I would start by looking at the profile properties scale and checking to make sure it matches the scale in your paper space viewport.  Hope this helps, and please keep me posted if you find a solution.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
mmajnerick
in reply to: Anonymous

That indeed was the problem. Thanks for the assistance on this.

Message 4 of 5
mmajnerick
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you know of a way to get it to display correctly at a different scale than drawn without redrawing the profile? Maybe a setting that can be changed to stop it from adjusting the location. Surveyor sent it already drawn at a scale of 1"=8' and I need it to show on my plan profile sheets at a vport scale of 1"=20'. 

Message 5 of 5
cwr-pae
in reply to: mmajnerick

Data short cuts and creating the profile view in the plotted drawing will let you change scale and exaggeration to be anything you need by changing the view style.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report