Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Space display from xref displaying over paper space objects

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
rvaughn
1250 Views, 9 Replies

Model Space display from xref displaying over paper space objects

I'm having a super weird issue and I know it's a setting that was toggled within the each layout but I can't figure out which one it is. We received files from an outside consultant. The plan view information is attached to the sheet but any callouts or hatching in PAPER SPACE is overridden from the model space xref. Multi-leader background mask, leaders and arrows are all displayed under the xref even though they are in different spaces. I have a hatch in paper space and the information in the xref is showing through it. I called our tech support for our license software and he gave me a work around to plot paper space last. That works for plotting but it still shows up on my screen as not masking. He had me create a new layout and copy all the information over from the "bad" layout and the masking shows properly. So it's obviously a per layout setting. I at least have a way to plot but I want to know how to fix the issue. I have attached images to show you what I'm talking about.

Labels (4)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cwr-pae
in reply to: rvaughn

Under page setup or when you plot, set 'plot paper space last' to on.

Message 3 of 10
rvaughn
in reply to: cwr-pae

That's the work around to get it to plot but it still shows on my screen that it's not masking but if I create a new layout the background masking shows properly.

Message 4 of 10
cwr-pae

Select the veiwport and send it to the back, then regen the drawing.
Message 5 of 10
rvaughn
in reply to: cwr-pae

I just tried and that didn't work either. There is something toggled on or off in the layout that's causing it because it doesn't do it if I create a new layout.

Message 6 of 10
tcorey

You have brought all labels to Front?

Plot Paperspace Last is critical. ( @cwr-pae should get a solve for the correct answer). Your question has now morphed into "Why doesn't it display correctly." That's a little trickier to track down.

Have you used Regen? Close and re-open Civil 3D?

Check your video card against Autodesk Certified Graphics Database:

Certified Graphics Hardware | Autodesk Knowledge Network.

Make sure your video system is certified. Download the latest driver.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 7 of 10
ChicagoLooper

You can consider the 'age' of the paperspace objects. Without your drawing it's hard to tell the exact reason why you are getting this behavior. 

Generally speaking, newer (younger) objects are in front while older objects remain in the back. When you copy objects, the copied entities are younger than their predecessors or the original objects. As long as the copied objects are the newest (or youngest) pasted entities, they'll be in front and not in the back. If you paste additional objects at a later time, then the newly pasted objects will 'bury' your previously pasted entities.

Chicagolooper
Message 8 of 10
DentonYoder

I can't remember the name, but their used to be a tool to compare drawing settings... which may help you find an individual setting that is different on an old drawing vs one of your new ones... I used to use the map tools to query old drawings into my newest template drawings.  Then use design center to copy over all the layouts.  This often fixed settings for me.

Message 9 of 10

I am not finding this to be true for me

Message 10 of 10

Upload screenshots, the more the better.

Your uploaded images should include before paste and after paste. Provide descriptions to the images. Make sure your descriptions are crystal clear and  can be understood by the Forum.

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report