Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Survey Database

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
byoungLW6M5
172 Views, 2 Replies

Migrate Survey Database

My coworker working in Civil 3D 2020, was working on a drawing yesterday. The last thing he was doing was working with surface queries. Today he opens the drawing and there's this yellow triangle on his survey database. He checked to make sure he was pathed to the right working folder but when he rt-clks on the database, he only has 2 options - Migrate the Database or Refresh. When he selects migrate, he has to install a Data Migration tool to convert some SQLite format. We are not migrating from one version to another.

Does anyone know how to get around this and make Civil 3D use the database that he was just using yesterday? Or is there some way to troubleshoot and fix the current database. I'm afraid the data migration may mess thing up in an almost completed drawing.

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
byoungLW6M5
in reply to: byoungLW6M5

I've since learned that Civil 3d crashed while he was working with the surfaces before he left work. The next day when going back into the program is when the surface database alert showed up.
Message 3 of 3
rl_jackson
in reply to: byoungLW6M5

Did you resolve your issue? The only reason that the SDB would require migration is because it was create using an earlier version of C3D that the one currently being used. If you are going to be working with the SDB you'll need to migrate it, but it usually quite painless.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report