Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge ortho tiff with surface contours

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
997 Views, 6 Replies

Merge ortho tiff with surface contours

I imported in C3D 2018 a dem file and contours are generated successfully . Then I connected georeferenced tiffs via data connection, and they tiled just as they should. When I orbit, tiffs are placed way under the surface. Is there a way to merge (attach, combine, glue...) those tiffs to contours surface?

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Pointdump
in reply to: Anonymous

Branislav,

You can >>>Drape Images on Surface<<<.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Pointdump

Thanks for answering. I was trying to resolve that issue following instructions you posted, but I was out of luck. Not with DRAPE command, not with DRAPEIMAGE. I attached screenshots, I did all as it was written.
Is there some other way

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 7
Pointdump

Branislav,

It won't work with FDO (MAPCONNECT) images. You'll need to use Insert tab>>Reference panel>>Attach to import your GeoTiff.

Can you post your drawing and a GeoTiff?

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Pointdump

I did that way, but I had a success with only one tiff. As soon as I import second one, the previous disappears. My intention is to tile almost whole area.

I did something wrong for sure, but I do not have a clue what.  

In some tutorials were mentioned that it could be achieved even with map insert, but, as seen, I ad no luck 🙂

I attached the file, thank you for your time and effort.

Message 6 of 7
Pointdump

Branislav,
Do you have Raster Design? That's the easiest way to stitch together those Tiff's. To drape multiple geo-referenced images on a terrain surface using Raster Design, watch >>>This 90-minute Autodesk University Class<<<.

As for your drawing, I wasn't able to resurrect your surface. I couldn't assign a coordinate system to re-import your DEM.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 7 of 7
Pointdump

Branislav,

Using Raster Design, I managed to Merge your Tiff's into one image, but I'm not able to save as a Geo-Referenced Image. Nor am I able to Drape that Image over your Surface, which I was able to show after I changed the Path to your DEM. You can see a little of the color of the image in this ScreenShot:

DaveDrapeImage_1.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report