Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Section Showing in places it should not

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Richard_Mehall
240 Views, 1 Reply

Material Section Showing in places it should not

I have a finished surface (green and yellow on snip). then I have the bottom of the shoulder pavement surface. This surface is just the FG pasted into it, lowered 4 inches, with borders added (shown in red on the snip). I then added in a material section in between these two surfaces but it is showing the material section on places where the bottom of shoulder surface is not, I circled one area in blue. This was working fine until recently.

Richard_Mehall_1-1722450171285.png

Richard_Mehall_0-1722450133515.png

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lim.wendy
in reply to: Richard_Mehall

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the Civil 3D forum!

To help troubleshoot the issue you're encountering with the material section displaying incorrectly, could you provide us the following:

1. Have there been any recent changes to the DWG file or your working environment?

Here are a few steps you can try to diagnose and resolve the problem:

1. Audit the Drawing: Run the Audit command in Civil 3D to check for any issues within the drawing.
  2. Test in a Different Environment: Open the same DWG file on another computer or user profile to see if the problem persists. This can help determine if it's an environment-specific issue.
  3. Create a New Admin Account: Try opening the DWG file under a new Windows user account with administrative privileges to rule out user profile issues.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, please share the DWG file with us (you can compress it into a ZIP file if needed). This will help us provide more specific guidance.

Looking forward to your reply!

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Rails Summit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report