Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

matchline text resets

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
sfore
691 Views, 8 Replies

matchline text resets

Using C3D 2016. What good is sliding the matchline text along the matchline if it resets itself to middle?

I have moved the mainline matchline labels multiple times and when I come in the next day, walaa they are back to middle of the matchline. I move them for clarity...maybe a manhole is near the matchline or maybe the aerial photo is really dark at that spot, so I slide them to where they are out of the way and clear to read. I check them later and they have moved back to center. Thoughts?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sfore
in reply to: sfore

I figured out why and I think its a bug that needs addressed.

Everything has been fine and labels have been set to where I dragged them along the match line UNTIL I created a new View Frame Group and cut sheets for a different spur line. Once I resaved all sheets for only the newly created View Frame Group, it caused all Match Line labels to reset to center of the Match Line for all the other View Frame Groups even though it wasn't part of the new View Frame Group or Sheet Set.

Message 3 of 9
lim.wendy

Hi, 

Sorry for the trouble you are having and thanks for reporting this issue.

I'm not able to reproduce this behaviour. If you could provide detailed steps to reproduce, I can take a look again and test.

When you mentioned Create a new View Frame Groups, does it belong to a new alignment or same alignment?

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 4 of 9
sfore
in reply to: lim.wendy

New View Frame Group belongs to a new Alignment.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: lim.wendy

I'm experiencing the same issue except its not tied to creating viewframes. I havent id'd when it happens, on save or regen possibly.

Message 6 of 9
sbria

I'm seeing this in v2023 but only with the match line text coming from data referenced view frames.  The really weird part is the drawing appears to be holding their adjusted location but when I publish to pdf they are reset.  Once I save/close the drawing and reopen it they are back to their original default position?

Message 7 of 9
sfore
in reply to: sbria

While I haven't had any issues with matchline labels resetting to middle of matchline after sliding them left or right since original post, I did run thru a series of tests today with dref'd view frames

First, the drawing that the view frames, matchlines and matchline labels were created in and reside in have not reset after sliding left or right. They have not reset even after closing drawing and reopening. They have not reset after publishing thru SSM (Sheet Set Manager).

Thru testing, there's a lot to unpack here:

I created a new drawing and dref'd view frames in. I renamed view frames to next number where my last sheet ended in SSM (Sheet Set Manager). I cut additional sheets and added these sheets to the end inside SSM as if the project expanded. I then slid matchline labels left and right. Saved and all appears to hold where I slid them along the matchline, BUT the matchline labels reset to middle of matchline in drawing during the following events:

•  grip View Frame, right-click and select edit View Frame Group Properties and click ok
  •  grip matchline labels, right-click and select edit labels and click ok
  • close drawing and reopen

The matchline labels hold their newly slid position in drawing but shows in the middle of matchline in PDF during following events:

• publish to PDF thru SSM (Sheet Set Manager) for all new sheets
  • publish to PDF thru drawing by selecting all new layouts, right-click and publish those new layouts
  • publish each new sheet separately thru SSM

The matchline labels hold their newly slid position in drawing and in the PDF during the following events:

• publish to PDF each layout separately
  • publish to PDF thru SSM for all new sheets ONLY after locking layer in layer manager for the matchline labels

I've tried a slew of settings including pinning labels thru ribbons by gripping matchline label after sliding. I've tried locking anchor component thru style after sliding it. Unless someone can explain this behavior or offer another solution or workaround besides locking the layer for the matchline labels, I would say this is a bug that probably needs looked at by the development team.

Message 8 of 9
rl_jackson

I ran into this problem just in the past couple of days (First time I'd seen it), I've found that the best way to solve the problem is to promote the view frames to the drawing and make the necessary changes. In my case it was a short run of just 6 sheets, but after moving the labels half a dozen times, once promoted there was no issues.

HTH

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
j_schroeder1

I've found that if the slider grip is used to move the matchline text, it will reset itself following a save, close, reopen. However, if I use the square-shaped move grip, and slide the grip along the matchline with the nearest snap on, then the text holds it's position following the save, close, reopen process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report