Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manhole label style

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Reza-WE
2202 Views, 16 Replies

Manhole label style

Hi everyone. I have a label style for sewer network (pipes and manholes) that I use on profile views. (pic attached). When I have 2 inlet pipes to the manhole and 1 outlet pipe, the 2 inlet pipe labels lie over each other and makes it hard to read. Is there any way to separate them in the label style when there is more than 1 inlet pipe to the manhole? 

rezaYWRHW_1-1623078586745.png

rezaYWRHW_2-1623078671297.png

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
cwr-pae
in reply to: Reza-WE

The inverts with the same flow direction should stack themselves. Base on you image i would set the component to attach at the end of the line with the opposite justification you currently have.

Message 3 of 17
tcorey

You're trying to avoid dragging the labels.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 17
rl_jackson

Agreed @tcorey I think this is, how does he want it to look. I accustom having all that info in one place at the top drag or not, (different strokes for different folks).

Can you show an image of what you want to achieve.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous

are you using the component text for each structure all pipes?

Message 6 of 17
Reza-WE

@rl_jackson  , @tcorey , @Anonymous 

I need it to look like this. I had to explode the label and drag them manually. 

rezaYWRHW_1-1625000640373.png

Message 7 of 17
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: rl_jackson

I despise dragged labels 😳 ... well that’s a little harsh, but on profile a personal I don’t like that

#, Rim at the Rim, inverts at the pipe. Classic sanitary sewer labels in these here parts. Records from county that the only way they had it done

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 17
Reza-WE
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I'm not sure if I completely understood what you said, but if there is any place that I can download some label styles for pipe networks, please do share. Thanks

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous

we routinely drag profile labels with our water plans and where adjacent parts are close to each other that the labels overlap.. It is extra steps but it's important that the plans are readable. I don't think that there is a way to have them separate themselves automatically.It's not a huge deal using the given grips as long as you don't label until everything is set so you do it twice.

Message 10 of 17
Joe-Bouza

your style is what I would expect for sanitary sewer profiles, You in out label just needed tweaking of the anchor.

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 11 of 17
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

Agreed whole heartedly. I have companion style that have a jog in the line to offset to adjacent. It would be spectacular if pipe label had  stagger setting that profile labels have

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 12 of 17
MMcCall402

I think this could be accomplished in two possible ways.

1) Two components (which is what I think you have now)

Proper anchoring of these two components and their attachments such that when there is more than one incoming pipe, the additional pipes stack in a direction that is away from the outgoing pipe.

OR

They're one is anchored to the other such that when the incoming has additional lines of text, the outgoing moves over to accommodate.

2) A single component

The component for connected pipes has an selection to label all the structure pipes in one component (Structure All Pipes)  This one component can label all the INs and the OUT.  Properties are available for flow direction (IN/OUT), pipe names, etc.  A single component can't overlap itself.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 13 of 17
cwr-pae

Here are 2 sample label style for manholes/catch basins above and below the structure. Do what you will with them. It should be possible to combine them in to one label. Note (see image) the top label has have the dimension anchor at graph view top and the bottom set to graph view bottom for the way I use them.

Screenshot 2021-06-30 131606.jpg

Message 14 of 17
Reza-WE
in reply to: cwr-pae

@cwr-pae 

Thank you for your help and sending me those label style. It's always faster to send the solution in a dwg file than trying to explain it to someone like me lol 🙂 

(*for those future cad designers who are less familiar with the style settings and searching the same question as I have here: The file is empty but I found the styles under Toolspace, Settings, Structures, Label Styles)

Message 15 of 17
Joe-Bouza

https://getasi1.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/structure-labels-top-or-bottom-why-not-both/

if you like top and bottom

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

PIPE INV STRUCTURE STYLE.PNG

I challenged myself to see if i could make the style the OP is looking for.  It can be done.  make sure the pick one component for inv in and one component for inv out.  the inv all wouldn't work since the OP shows the pipe name in one and not the other.

attached drawing has the style.  I name it for RezaYWRHW manhole style.

Message 17 of 17
Reza-WE
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Thank you very much. I'm gonna use it for sure. 

😊

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report