Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Data Shortcuts

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ksorsby
317 Views, 1 Reply

Lost Data Shortcuts

Morning all,

I have a (probably dim) question about Data Shortcuts. 

It's a project I worked on stemming back to 2015 which a number or surfaces, alignment/profiles etc. were linked to other models via Data Shortcuts. It always worked fine at that time.

The scheme is now alive again and although the files open up, surfaces/alignments/profiles seem present and correct, there is no path in the Toolspace browser, just '[]'. When I try to synchronise them, it says things like 'cannot locate DATA-209FE501-110F-4c34-944B-C66D807248AB' but then says 'Surface Proposed Levels is now up to date' or similar for other surfaces.

My question is, how do I find what the paths are? What surfaces are read from which older models? There's nothing in the surface definitions, the little arrow is still there in the Toolspace icon.

I need to make sure the model I open is reading the right things and if not, ensure it is.

Cheers,

Kevin

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jameshitt
in reply to: ksorsby

I'm going to try and revive this thread.

Similarly, I have a simple alignment in a source CAD file, and a data reference of that object in another CAD file. The problem is, the actual Data Shortcut file is completely missing from the _Shortcuts folder. The Data Shortcuts section of Toolspace (correctly) shows no shortcut for the object, yet modifying the object in the source CAD file and saving does cause the destination CAD file to prompt to synchronize the object, which it does without any warnings or indication that the Shortcut file is not even there.

How can this be resolved, if at all?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report