Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOOP ON LEFT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
c422_bim
241 Views, 3 Replies

LOOP ON LEFT

I am trying to create a trench surface for a pipe network. The loop command works perfectly well on the right side. However the loop doesn't work for the links connecting the left part. Also the mirroring in civil 3d command ain't working. How do I go about this.............

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
archidealhome
in reply to: c422_bim

Civil 3D's Loop usually plays nice. Have you tried checking the object selection for the left side links? Mirroring can be finicky sometimes too. Maybe try exploding the mirrored objects and rebuilding the loop? Regards, Xylostar.

Message 3 of 4
c422_bim
in reply to: archidealhome

I'm trying to fix things on the sub assembly composer itself, rather than mirror it in civil 3d.  

Message 4 of 4
nkiakas
in reply to: c422_bim

Hi @c422_bim 

I checked your file

Your loop LO2 in left side, is not proper defined

This is the reason is not working on left side.

I can't check deeper because the system is crashing (see the photo below)

If you could explain the algorythm i could help.

From what i found out before crashing, is that you have your baseline in the pipe invert level.

Then you are checking if the invert level is deeper than 4m from the existing ground. if yes, then you apply stepped trench. From right side is ok. When i am checking the left side the system is crushing and can't continue. This means that you don't define LO2 like LO1 from right side. Spend some time on this.

I hope i helped

Screenshot.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report