Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to set up conference call

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
csinclairZVV39
380 Views, 6 Replies

Looking to set up conference call

Hi. I am with an IT department of a company with a team of AutoCAD users. We are having some issues and I would like to set up a conference call. Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

You are going to need to create a case in your manage.autodesk.com account. Most of us on here are not Autodesk Employees. However, they do check into this sporadically. They will tell you to create a case too if you are needing a conference call.

If you need help here, just type out your issues and we will start answering your questions.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 7

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
rl_jackson
in reply to: csinclairZVV39

You're also going to need to make sure that all files that the software needs are local and on the C drive. Don't clown around with placing CTB files or templates, pipe network parts etc.... on a server that everyone points to from their local workstation. You can check this stuff out on the Autodesk University site. I highly recommend it.

And as @ToddRogers-WPMTRogers we are here to help.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
ChrisRS
in reply to: rl_jackson

Are you making this recommendation as a general practice or just for the conference call?

This seems contrary to the current Autodesk heads in the cloud initiative.  

Christopher Stevens
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: ChrisRS

I keep all support files local - horrendous if they can't be found e.g. no internet access/can't access server via VPN etc etc.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 7 of 7
rl_jackson
in reply to: neilyj666

I'm not referring to project files, just everything that make C3D run

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report