Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long time to save?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
akaufmanJR3FV
1572 Views, 5 Replies

Long time to save?

Hello all,

I'm newer to AutoCAD, and was wondering if save times for drawings were supposed to take ~10 minutes? It happens with whatever drawing I am on, even with a "low" file size, and no annotations, hatch, or xrefs.

The auto-save feature used to be on by default, saving every 12 minutes and taking 3-5 minutes to save every time. I've disabled it, but even when I save a drawing normally it will still take 5-10 minutes and freeze everything in Civil - all other programs run normally.

Does this sound like something that can be fixed, or is it normal? Please let me know!

Thank you,

Adam Kaufman

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tmachado
in reply to: akaufmanJR3FV

Hi @akaufmanJR3FV, If you are using any version of C3D between 2014-2017 you may want review and install this hotfix:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Hope this will help!

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the LIKES button

Tatiana Machado
BIM Manager/ Autodesk Certified Instructor
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
InfraWorks Ambassador

Message 3 of 6
akaufmanJR3FV
in reply to: tmachado

That looks like exactly what I need! Trying it right now, thank you. I'll accept your answer if this fixes my problem Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 6
tmachado

Is easy to overlook that after installing this hotfix in order to apply it you will need to open, save and close the files. Then when you open them again you will be able to see the difference.

Please be aware that this solution needs to be implemented in all the computer that you have C3D installed, if not the problem will come back

Hope this will help!

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the LIKES button

Tatiana Machado
InfraWorks Ambassador

Message 5 of 6
akaufmanJR3FV
in reply to: tmachado

That actually didn't seem to fix the problem, but it's probably something I did incorrectly. I'm gonna have our IT take a look at it.

Thanks again!

Message 6 of 6
tmachado

It is my pleasure to help!

Hope this will help!

Tatiana Machado
InfraWorks Ambassador

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report