Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Map Server with URL - different outcomes depending on wheteher current project has data or is empty

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DIOTTENB
158 Views, 2 Replies

Loading Map Server with URL - different outcomes depending on wheteher current project has data or is empty

Hello fellow Civilers,

I am currently facing some rather odd issue.
While loading a Map Server through ArcGIS for AutoCAD Plug-In I receive two different outcomes, depending on whether I try this on my project with already existing DWG-Data or on a completely blank project, which I opened by opening a new tab.

On both, my project with existing data and the empty project I would receive a message that the import has been successful BUT the it seems like no data at all has been added to my project with existing data.
While when looking at my empty project I see the data that has been added and can look up the layer in layer panel.

What sort of problem am I facing? Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lim.wendy
in reply to: DIOTTENB

Hi Dmitri,

Welcome to the Civil 3D forum! 

To better assist you, could you please provide a bit more information? Specifically:

URL Details: What is the URL you are using to load the Map Server? 

Screenshots: Can you share some screenshots of the issue? For example, the message you receive and the layers panel in both scenarios (with existing data and empty project).

Software Details: Are you using AutoCAD or Civil 3D? This will help in providing more accurate advice and resources.

In the meantime, you might find this ArcGIS for AutoCAD Troubleshooting Guide helpful.

If you still need help, please provide more details about your issue. The more specific you are, the better our community can assist you.

If they helped solve your issue, consider hitting the "Accept Solution" button. This helps others searching for similar problems find the answer quicker. It also lets our community know which topics are resolved and which still need attention. Plus, it's a great way to show appreciation to the person who helped you!

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 3 of 3
DIOTTENB
in reply to: lim.wendy

Hi Wendy,
thank you for your advice!

I am using civil 3d.
The issue does no longer exist and I am not able to reproduce it because now the expected result with map data will be shown in my project after importing it via URL is working on project with data and without data.

The only difference that still appears it that if I chose to open the layer list. The 'new' layers (imported by URL) won´t be listed in the project with already existing data.
And to make sure that the imported data has not been put in one of the existing layer, I turned them all off but the URL imported data is still shown on main pane.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report