Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LISP Function for ADESETCRDSYS to Assign Co-ordinates to multiple Drawings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jarrodQ8AFW
422 Views, 2 Replies

LISP Function for ADESETCRDSYS to Assign Co-ordinates to multiple Drawings

I have a situation at my company where we receive sets of DWG's a number of times, all with the same file names and same co-ordinate system (although not assigned).

I am looking at a way to automate assigning these through a LISP using the command ADESETCRDSYS which allows you to select multiple source drawings to assign the co-ordinates to. I will be able to save these DWG's in the same location eg C drive so it should be able to search and find the same file names I set to it. 

Is there any way to write such a LISP, I am not overly familiar with making LISP's and cannot find a solution to this. 

jarrodQ8AFW_0-1625630819540.png

The idea is to select a number of drawings with the same name and assign the co-ordinates.

jarrodQ8AFW_1-1625630859289.png

Thanks in advanced for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jarrodQ8AFW

I tried using a script and the batch save utility to assign coordinate systems to multiple drawings and apparently it isn't possible. You can run AutoCAD commands but not C3D commands via script, which uses lsip and/or straight commands. I don't know if it's possible.

Message 3 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: jarrodQ8AFW

That's one of those pesky command that don't have a command line only equivalent. So it's difficult to work with them to batch assign coordinate systems. There may be a way. But that requires deeper knowledge than I have. Maybe @Pointdump or @Jeff_M might have a suggestion.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report